Rules & Regulations
TARGET PROPERTIES, INC
POST OFFICE BOX 5877, HILTON HEAD IS., SC 29938 P: (843) 683-4407 F: (843) 785-8458
1) RULES: All NRA, DCM, Dos Lupes Club, Jasper County, South Carolina and Federal Laws apply. These Rules apply to all fire arms, including BB guns, bows and arrows, throwing knives, etc. Any violation of any of these laws or rules are grounds for loss of membership at the sole discretion of the Target Properties, Inc. All rule violations will be reported to Russ Keep (843-842-6268). Failure to promptly halt and report anyone’s safety violations or damage to Club property may be grounds for loss of membership. You agree to be a range safety officer and vigorously enforce these rules.
2) PISTOL RANGES- When a shooter wishes to proceed down range, a CEASE FIRE order shall be loudly made to all parties, followed by a CLEAR YOUR WEAPONS order. Weapons will be immediately opened, cleared, benched. When benched, weapons are not to be touched until all parties return to a firing line and a RESUME FIRING order is given.
a) No shooting at glass, water jugs, or cans.
b)* No center fire rifle or shotgun shooting on pistol ranges ever.*
c)* No shooting over the berms (at bowling pins or anything else)*
d)* No littering, especially cigarette butts.*
e)* No shooting unless targets are directly in front and very close to a berm (earthen backstop)*
f) No magnum shooting at dueling trees, metal targets or bowling pins.
g)* No shooting into the ground (to prevent ricochets over berms).*
h) No shooting without shatter proof eye protection.
i) No weapon will be carried down range unless holstered.
j) No rifle cartridges may be fired from a pistol on the pistol range except .30 carbine.
k) You may not use your own target stand or metal targets.
3) 300 M. RIFLE RANGE - Same rules as Pistol Range. Additionally,
a) No proceeding down range until a Rifle Range safety officer is selected, who must remain on the firing line to ensure that no guns are touched until all shooters return to the firing line.
b)* No proceeding down range until all rifles are placed in rack or bolt is open.*
c)* No target may be placed at less than 100 yards. Target must be directly in front of and close to a berm.
d) No Shooting into the ground.
e) No armor piercing, tracer or .50 cal rounds.
f)* No shooting over the berms (at bowling pins or anything else).*
g)* No littering, especially cigarette butts.*
h) No rifle may be taken down range.
i) No placing bowling pins, rubber ducks, etc., on top of railroad ties that hold
j) You may not use your own target stand.
4) SHOTGUN RANGE - Same as Pistol and Rifle Range. Additionally,a)
a) Shooters may load only 1 or 2 shells in their shotgun at their shooting position, depending on if we are shooting doubles or singles.
b) If a person or group of people needs to move to a new shooting sport in the range, then all weapons will be unloaded with actions open.
c) If a jam or break occurs with the electronic thrower, then all weapons will be unloaded with actions open, called by shooters in group. A person with knowledge of correcting the situation should do so, then clear the shooting area and say “CLEAR”.
d) Shotguns are to be positioned down range when a person is in a shooting spot. Before a shooter turns back to where other people are (viewers) all shotguns are to be cleared with breaches open.
e) No one will place their finger in the trigger-well unless he or she is ready to fire.
f) All participants and their guests shall pick up hulls before they leave the Sporting Clay Range.
g) No shooting shotguns except on the shotgun range with the exception of slugs and buckshot which may only be fired on the Rifle Range at 100 yards.
- Always secure front main gate lock when arriving or leaving, so lock won’t be stolen and trespassers cannot sneak in. Secure both gates when you leave.
- Never stray off direct road to Club to avoid trespassing.
- Try to avoid potholes. No vehicles, including motorcycles, may drive past the parking lot except to deliver building supplies.
6) I AGREE TO PAY A $100.00 FINE FOR ANY OF THE FOLLOWING VIOLATIONS:
- No drinking alcohol before or while shooting.
- No Boy Scout Leaders will drink alcohol at any time.
d)*No magnum shooting at dueling trees, bowling pins or metal silhouette targets.
e) No shots fired into the air.
f)*No shooting over the berms.*
g)*No pointing a gun at anyone, assume all guns are loaded.*
h) No illegal automatic weapons, silencers or sawed off shotguns.
i) No shooting without ear and eye protection.
j) No shooting at glass bottles or plastic containers.
k)*No gun shall arrive or leave the firing line loaded, except holstered pistols.*
l)*No guns will arrive or leave the firing line unless encased or holstered.*
m)*No centerfire rifle or shotgun shooting on Pistol Range.*
n)*No handling, cleaning or unholstering guns off the firing line.
o) No sitting on the shooting benches.
p) No destruction of Club property or grounds.
q) No fireworks or explosives are allowed on Club grounds.
r)*No littering, especially cigarette butts and shotgun hulls.*
s) No HUNTING.
t) Slugs and buckshot may only be fired on the Rifle Range. Pick up your hulls and wads.
u) No shooting off the firing line.
v)*No leaving gates open except on Saturdays. Securely lock BOTH behind you when you come in and leave. On Saturdays, if you are the last to leave,
lock up BOTH gates behind you.
w)*No shooting over berms or off the firing line or at any target not directly in front of and close to a berm.*
x) No fires, except in designated areas.
y) No touching anyone else’s gun without permission.
z)*No touching any gun after a cease fire order is given.*
aa)*No shooting unless directly in front of and near a berm (to stop bullet).
bb)*No handling of any unencased gun in the parking lot or off the firing range.
cc) Witnessing a safety violation and not stopping it and reporting it.
dd) Using a barbed hook to fish with.
7) Grounds for immediate expulsion and forfeiture of dues at the sole discretion of Target Properties, Inc.
- Firing from off the firing line or firing over the tops of berms or at objects on top of or near the tops of berms, such as bushes, trees, tires, skeet clays, or bowling pins. This activity can kill someone miles away.
- Shooting at targets short of the berms or into the ground, such as at cans, non-approved targets or sighting in scoped rifles. This could cause very dangerous ricochets over the berms. You may not use your own target stands or metal targets.
- Destruction of Range property of any sort.
- Handling or touching unencased or unholstered weapons loaded or unloaded;(A) in the parking lot (B) off the firing line (C) while a fellow shooter is down range (D) from one firing line to another (such as from pistol range to PPC range) (E) going down range with a weapon. Our insurance may not cover such dangerous activity. Statistics show almost all range injuries occur this way. Shooting buckshot or slugs anywhere except the 100 yard Rifle Range.
- Littering, especially cigarette butts and shot gun hulls
- Use of .50 cal. armor piercing ammo or tracer rounds - anytime, anywhere on Club grounds.
- Possession or use of exploding targets or shotgun buzz bombs.
- Molesting the ducks, chickens or geese.
- Drinking alcohol before or during shooting
- GUESTS - are considered to be any individual, other than a member (or their spouse or minor
children), and are welcome. In addition;
- No guest may come as a guest more than once.
- All guests must be escorted by a member.
- Guests may not shoot until they have familiarized themselves with a copy of these rules.
d)*I, my heirs and assigns, agree to be financially liable for the negligent or
intentional acts and omissions of my guests and indemnify Target Properties,
Inc., d/b/a Dos Lupes Gun Club, its officers and directors, or the landlord.*
- I agree to pay the above mentioned fines my guests incur.
- No ex-member may ever come as a guest.
10) No CWP courses may be taught on club property without prior discussion.
11) DUES-I will join and maintain membership in the NRA so long as I am a member of this Gun Range. If not
an NRA member, I am enclosing an additional check for $35.00 made out to NRA. If I allow my NRA membership to lapse, I agree to be fined $50.00, which will be donated to the NRA. Dues are $300.00 per year and cover me, my spouse and minor children. Each new member (but not ex-members) which I sponsor, entitles me to $100.00 off my next year’s dues. This applies only if you are already a member. Make check payable to Target Properties, Inc.
12) MINORS- must be under the direct supervision of an adult member or Boy Scout Leaders at all times. No children under the age of eight (8) years old may set foot on Gun Range grounds without written permission. No minor may shoot any center fire weapon, EVER, except under DCM or parental instruction. No minor may carry or touch firearms off the firing line.
I, my heirs and assigns, agree to be financially liable for the acts of my children or grandchildren and indemnify Target Properties, Inc. d/b/a Dos Lupes Gun Club, its officers, directors, members and the landlord.
13) RELEASE, MERGER &WAIVER OF JURY TRIAL-I understand that shooting firearms or go-carting is an ultra-hazardous activity. If I, or my minor child, am shot, or suffers any injury, I hereby waive all legal action for simple negligence including, but not limited to, negligent maintenance and negligent design, against Target Properties, Inc., d/b/a Dos Lupes Gun Club, its officers, directors, and the landlord. I hereby knowingly and freely assume all such risk, both known and unknown, for any and all injuries disability or death to myself or my child which may occur as a result of my presence on Club grounds, even, if arising from the negligence of those persons released from liability below. If, because of my or my child’s negligence or intentional actions, Target Properties, Inc. or its officers, directors, members or landlord becomes liable, I will indemnify. If my child is injured and sues, I will indemnify for not only a judgment but all costs of litigation. I hereby waive my right to a Jury Trial, should I, or my minor child, sue Target Properties, Inc., d/b/a Dos Lupes Gun Club, its officers, directors, members or the landlord. I agree this Contract is entered into in Beaufort County, South Carolina. I agree that the sole venue for any lawsuit, for intentional or negligent acts, against Target Properties, Inc., its officers, directors, members or landlord, shall be before the Master in Equity in Beaufort County, South Carolina. This is the sole Agreement between me and Target Properties, Inc., and cannot be modified except in writing, signed by the President of Target Properties, Inc. I have no other Agreement with the officers, directors, members and the landlord.
14) SEVERANCE-Should any term or waiver in this Agreement be determined by any Court to be void or illegal, that portion shall be stricken and the remainder of this Agreement will be in full force.
15) What can I do to improve the Club?
- Plant a tree or shrub;
- Throw a fish in the pond;
- Pick up litter, including cigarette butts and shotgun hulls;
- Rigorously enforce these Rules, report any violators;
- Call up Russ Keep, and volunteer your unique services.
- Pay your dues promptly or return your keys and ID without being asked.
*** INCLUDE A 3" x 4" PICTURE OF YOURSELF FOR YOUR I.D. CARD
(You agree to be fined $5.00 by anyone who catches you on Club grounds without your Club I.D.)
*** PLEASE DO NOT COME BY MY OFFICE TO PICK UP YOUR KEY AND/OR ID AS THEY ARE NOT STORED THERE.
16)*After you have thoroughly read these rules, please go back, re-read and initial paragraphs 1-15, and each line of paragraphs 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 and 8 or this Application will not be accepted (this is an intelligence test to see if you read these rules. No stupid people are allowed in this Club). Return all four (4) pages of this Application.
17) Confidentially. Your name and personal information will not be released or sold to any one whatsoever except for the NRA.
18) I agree that my key to the range and ID remain the property of Target Properties, Inc. d/b/a Dos Lupes and if I fail or refuse to return these or any other property of Target Properties, Inc., I will pay attorney fees, filing fees and service of process fees in a lawsuit against me. I agree that $2500.00 is a reasonable amount for such fees. I agree that proper venue for litigation against me for failure to return ID and key is Beaufort County, South Carolina.
19) SPONSOR’S NAME:
Please call New South Shirts 843-982-0170 located at 12 John Galt Road, Beaufort, SC 29906 to order your Dos Lupes gun club t-shirts for $11.00. They have a wide variety of styles and colors. What is best about them is if you wear your club t-shirt you don't need to wear your ID.
I AM OF SOUND MIND AND BODY AND AM NOT UNDER THE INFLUENCE OF ANY DRUGS OR ALCOHOL. I HAVE READ THE ABOVE WAIVER AND RULES AND AGREE TO BE LEGALLY BOUND BY THEM. I UNDERSTAND THAT FAILURE TO ABIDE BY THE TERMS SET FORTH ABOVE MAY RESULT IN DISCIPLINARY ACTION UP TO AND INCLUDING FINES AND LOSS OF MEMBERSHIP AND FORFEITURE OF PREPAID DUES/FEES. Fines go to the Range Improvement Fund and, if not paid within ten (10) days, results in permanent loss of membership.
(Please Print Name)
SIGNATURE: Vehicle: State/Year/Make/Model/License Plate #:
Jr. Members residing with you 10 -21 Name & DOB:
ADDRESS: PHONE NO.
NRA NO. (or $35.00) EXP. DATE: OCCUPATION: MILITARY, date, Rank, type of discharge:
DO YOU HAVE A CRIMINAL RECORD? IF SO, EXPLAIN:
HAVE YOU EVER BEEN VOLUNTARILY OR INVOLUNTARILY COMMITTED TO AN
INSTITUTION FOR THE MENTALLY ILL? . If so, explain:
HOW DID YOU HEAR ABOUT US?